Cork's electric tramway system began operating on 22 December 1898. The hub of the system was near the Father Mathew Statue in St Patrick's Street. The trams operated from 7.30 am to 11.00 pm every day of the week. The tram shown at St Luke's would have served the Summerhill-Sunday's Well route. The other routes were Blackpool-Douglas and Tivoli-Blackrock. The arrival of the bus service and the increasing use of the motor car after the 1920s spelt the end for the tramway system. Cork bade farewell to its trams on 30 September 1931.
Download this image in PDF format from the link below:Cork's Electric Tramway System PDF(214KB)