This photograph taken in 1903 shows an Edwardian boy looking over the River Lee towards the bow-fronted building on Camden Quay.
The wide expanse of the Grand Parade including Singer’s Corner on right.
This scene shows throngs of supporters at the arrival of William O’Brien on the Lower Road in 1911 after he had founded the All-for-Ireland-League in 1910.
The old beautiful cast-iron North Gate Bridge designed by Sir John Benson was opened on St Patrick’s Day 1864. The clerk of works was Jerome Collins the famous arctic explorer.
The beautiful ornate entrance gates to Murphy’s Brewery on the Watercourse Road. A fully laden horse and dray makes its way carefully onto the road.
A view of Shandon Steeple c.1880 located in the heart of the Butter Exchange area. The world renowned Cork Butter Market existed from 1770 until 1924.
An idyllic river scene of Sunday’s well Boating and Tennis club which was founded in 1889. Regattas were traditionally held on the River Lee as early as the early 1800s.
A busy Washington Street in the late 1920s showing the various modes of transport and the iconic courthouse designed by the Pain brothers James and George in 1835.
Photograph from 18 July 1909 showing the Royal Welsh Guards on parade at Victoria Barracks complete with their goat mascot.
The 1905 infants class of St Vincent’s School which was founded in 1857 off St Mary’s Road. A new primary school replaced the temporary structure in December 1858.
One of the largest Republican funerals ever to take place in Cork city was on 31 October 1920 for Terence MacSwiney who died on hunger strike in Brixton Prison
This Coal Quay image dates to 1891 and shows shawlies and some boys with their donkey and cart which was used to transport goods to earn a little money
The old City Hall, and to the right the Carnegie Library which was designed by Henry A. Cutler in 1905. Both buildings were destroyed by Crown Forces in December 1920.