Murphy's Brewery Chimney


Murphy's Brewery Chimney 

The 199-foot (60.5 metres) high chimney stack of the brewhouse at Murphy's Brewery was one of the best known landmarks in Cork until 1985. Its condition got worse over the years as it was attacked by the elements and sulphuric acid. A team of demolition experts brought it down in 1985.

Murphy's Brewery was founded in 1856. In April 1983, Heineken Ireland took over the brewery, which had been experiencing financial difficulties.

Download this image in PDF format from the link below:


Murphy's Brewery chimney (55KB)

Cork City Libraries, Grand Parade, Cork, Ireland.
Contact us: Tel. +353 21 4924900 | Fax. + 353 21 4275684 | Email: