Keyser's Hill

Keyser's Hill

Keyser's Hill is an old and quiet part of Cork. Paddy O'Flynn, one of the last of the inshore fishermen who fished in Cork Harbour, lived at number six. He was a familiar and much-loved figure in the French's Quay & Crosse's Green area. Paddy could be seen walking his dogs and mending his boats until weeks before he died on 1 February 2004.

Paddy's great-grandfather Peter Fahy established a commercial inshore fishery on French's Quay in 1850. Paddy and his brother Mick were both fine sportsmen who rowed with the now-defunct St. Finbarr's rowing club. The O'Flynn family had the task of retrieving bodies from the River Lee. With Paddy O'Flynn's death, a link with Cork's sporting and industrial past was broken.

Keyser's Hill / Cnoc Keyser

Download this image in PDF format from the link below:

Keyser's Hill (37KB)

Cork City Libraries, Grand Parade, Cork, Ireland.
Contact us: Tel. +353 21 4924900 | Fax. + 353 21 4275684 | Email: