The Irish Builder - Introduction

The Irish Builder is one of the most important trade journals from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in Ireland. It began life in 1859 under the name The Dublin Builder. It changed its name to The Irish Builder in 1867 to reflect its more extensive coverage of national issues. It is recognized as one of the most informative of all trade journals. The issues dealt with in the journal ranged beyond the building industry. As well as being an invaluable store of information on building and architecture in Ireland, it carried reports on social issues, cultural activities, and reports of learned societies.

Cork City Libraries hold copies of The Irish Builder from 1867 to 1884. This section of the web site contains selected items of Cork interest from this period.

Also available are articles relating to Cork from the Irish Builder.

Link to gallery view button

 Ballyhooly Catholic Church  Assembly Rooms / Protestant Hall Convent of Mercy - Skibbereen    Saint Luke's Church Saint Luke's Church - Interior 
 Kilcrumper - Underground Chamber  Labbamolaga - Church Ruins  Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral - Rose Window  Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral  Windele Monument
 Bantry Convent Of Mercy Chapel  Saint Patrick's Church, Fermoy  Anglesea Bridge  Park House, Killeagh  Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral - Tympanum Sculpture
 National Bank, Millstreet  Carrigmahon Villas  Sacred Heart Church, Monkstown  Kilmaloda House  Monkstown Presbytery
 Templebreedy Church  Enniskeane Church      
BrowseAloud
Cork City Libraries, Grand Parade, Cork, Ireland.
Contact us: Tel. +353 21 4924900 | Fax. + 353 21 4275684 | Email: libraries@corkcity.ie